Monday, January 5, 2009

Movie Reviews

For Christmas, my sister got me Pregnant in America and Orgasmic Birth. I love birth related gifts!

I loved, loved, loved Pregnant in America. It was long. I think close to an hour and forty five minutes, but I was not bored for a minute. It followed a couple who were pregnant for the first time. The dad was the film maker and you could feel the love he had for his wife and baby. There were a couple times in the film that I was near tears. I love how this documentary also covered the statistics side of birth - much like The Business of Being Born. I think this is a definite see for all women of childbearing age.

Orgasmic Birth, I wasn't as thrilled with. It was a beautifully done, the music was amazing, but it isn't going to be one of my all time favorites. I felt confused as to why some of the births were put in the documentary. To be honest, I expected more.

I have both in my personal library, along with The Business of Being Born. Call me if you are interested in borrowing either.

No comments: